Friday, October 8, 2010

Work To “Make A Giving,” Not A Living

Work To “Make A Giving,” Not A Living

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with this hands the things which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth (Ephesians 4:28).

There’re many who believe the reason they should work is so they can make ends meet, or earn a living. But that’s not what the Word of God teaches. Our opening scripture reveals that the reason you ought to work is so you would have to give; you work to “make a giving,” not a living. Some people live as though the Bible says “My God shall supply all your needs according to how much you’re paid at your place of work.” You need to look to the Lord as your source of income and livelihood, and not to your job. He supplies all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

Natural circumstances may try to force you to believe that your job or business is the only means by which you can receive money, but refuse to let such a thought rule your life. The Bible didn’t say “Work, that you may have money”; rather, it says, “Work that you may have to give.” Your job is a medium or channel through which you bless others and in so doing, you also are rewarded.

Giving is God’s established medium to prosper you financially. Therefore, it doesn’t matter how much you’re paid at your job or business, never take it as your source of income. This doesn’t in anyway mean that you handle your job with levity. Do your job with excellence and shun mediocrity, and the Lord will promote you.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I recognize you as my source of wealth and prosperity. I rejoice to know that I can always rely on you to supply all my needs according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus! I look up to you today, and always for my promotion and prosperity. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 23:1-5
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Psalm 121:1-2
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.


Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Colossians 1:24-2:5
Reading plan Isaiah 27-28

2 Year Bible Hebrews 2:10-18
Reading Plan Lamentations 4-5

No comments: