Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Fatherhood Of God

The Fatherhood Of God

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God (John 1:12-13).


This is one of the most powerful truths revealed to us in the Gospels about the new creation. We are the children of God. To be born again is to be born of God, meaning God is your father. The Bible says in Galatians 4:6 “And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.” If you’re not born again then you don’t have the Spirit of His Son, therefore you cannot call God “Father”

“Are you then saying, if one isn’t born again, he’s not a child of God, but a child of the devil?” Emphatically yes. 1 John 3:10 says, “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil…” letting us know that there’re only two groups. You either belong to one or the other.

Jesus minced no words about this when He addressed the Jews that didn’t believe in Him, He told them “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do…” (John 8:44). But for us who are born again, we can all God “Father” and relate with Him as our gracious and loving heavenly Father. How amazing and comforting to know that God is our Father, and that He loves us with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 3:3).

Perhaps you’re reading this today and you’re not born again, but you desire the fatherhood of God; all you need do is say, “O Lord God, I come to you today in the Name of the Jesus. Your Word says “whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.” I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of my life, and believe that God raised Him from the dead. By my faith in His Name, I receive eternal life into my spirit. I thank you for my new life in Christ Jesus Amen.

Prayer
Thank you, heavenly Father, for making me your child; my heart is established and rooted in you today, knowing that you care for me with tender affection. I’m so glad that you’ve sent your Spirit to live within me; the Spirit of adoption, whereby I cry. Abba, Father, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 8:1-27
Reading plan Genesis 25-26

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:11-20

Reading Plan Genesis 10

No comments: