Thursday, February 7, 2013

South Africa Based Nigerian Nabbed With Cocaine Worth N50 Million

South Africa Based Nigerian Nabbed With Cocaine Worth N50 Million

Nigerian nabbed with cocaine
A 45-year old Nigerian named Ozoh Hycenth Chukwuemeka has been arrested by the NDLEA (National Drug Law Enforcement Agency) with 6.100 kilograms of cocaine (worth N50 million) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.
It was discovered that Ozoh has been living in South Africa for 10 years and works there as a barber.
When interrogated, he admitted that the cocaine was given to him by a friend.
“A friend of mine in South Africa asked me to bring a bag containing chemicals from Nigeria to South Africa for $3,000.
When I asked him if it was drug, he said it was just chemicals.
He paid for my return ticket. I never knew it was cocaine. I am only struggling to take care of myself with my barbing business back in South Africa.
If I had known that things will turn out this way, I would have rejected the proposal,” he said.
NDLEA Chairman Ahmadu Giade did not accept the suspect’s explanation and said that ignorance is not an excuse in law.
Giade stated that Ozoh will be charged for unlawful exportation of cocaine when they finished their investigation.

No comments: