Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Divinity Of Jesus

The Divinity Of Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him (John 14:6-7).

“Is Jesus really God?” This is one question many still ask today. They believe He was a great prophet and teacher, but find it difficult to accept that He is Himself God, but He is. The Bible says “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1). That “Word” that the Bible says “was God” became flesh – Jesus – and dwelt among us: “And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).

Now, the prophecy that came forth before the birth of Jesus also foretold His divinity: “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” It was Jesus who walked the streets of Galilee, as “Emmanuel – God with us.” When people saw Him, the mighty miracles and great signs and wonders that He did, notice what they said: “God has visited His people” (Luke 7:16). The Bible tells us that the fullness of the Godhead bodily dwells in Jesus. So, when you see Jesus, you wouldn’t need to look out for the Holy Spirit or the Father; He is the complete embodiment of Deity.

When Philip, one of the disciples asked Jesus to show them the Father, Jesus said to him, “…Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father…” (John 14:9). No wonder Colossians 1:19 says “…For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell.” Jesus is the outward expression of the Godhead. When we get to heaven, we won’t find the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost sitting on different thrones; we’ll only find one seated in the fullness of God on the throne, and His name is Jesus (Revelation 7:17).

So in celebrating Christmas, we’re celebrating the divinity of Jesus; His Lordship and rulership over our lives. He’s the joy of heaven and hope of the earth. He’s the Most High, the King of kings and the Lord of lords, who alone is worthy of all praise, worship and adoration. If you’re born again, happy are you, for “…ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power” (Colossians 2:10). You’re identified with the most awesome and sublime personality that there is.

Prayer
Dear Lord Jesus, I thank you for the awesome privilege of being identified with you. It’s a great honour to know you, serve you, worship you and live for you. I boldly confess today that you’re my Lord and Master, the Monarch of the entire universe. You’re my everything, and the reason for my existence. I thank you for revealing yourself to me through me today. Amen.

If you have never made Jesus the Lord of your life, I would like to extend this invitation to you today to pray the following prayer from your heart and Jesus will come and make His home in your heart:

"O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2.21)
I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved,"
I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world! (1 John 4:4)
I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

CONGRATULATIONS!!

You are now a child of God, if you would like any materials to help you to grow as a Christian, you can log onto www.christembassy.org

Further Study
Revelation 1:12-18
Hebrews 1:3

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 15
Reading plan Daniel 11-12

2 Year Bible Revelation 18:1-12

Reading Plan Zechariah 1-2

No comments: