Monday, December 13, 2010

We Believe To Receive

We Believe To Receive

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:24).

In Christianity, believing is a means to an end, not an end in itself; you believe to receive. So many people believe in Jesus, but they aren’t conscious of what their “believing” is supposed to produce for them. Thus, their believing only translated to religion because they got nothing out of it. To believe without receiving something is mere religion, and Christianity is not a religion.

You don’t just say, “I believe,” and the receive nothing. If you truly believe, the necessary result of your believing is to have; our believing brings us possession: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

Most have emphasized only on the believing part, and have never thought of the result of their believing. When you believed in Christ something happened; you received eternal life into your spirit. Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (John 6:47). You’re not supposed to believe for nothing; you believe to have. Our consciousness of what we receive because of our believing is important. Jesus said in John 11:40 “If you believe, you will see the glory of God” Romans 10:10 (WNT) says “For the heart men believe and obtain righteousness and with the mouth they make confession and obtain salvation.”

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the revelation of your Word to me today. Not only do I believe the things you’ve said concerning me in your Word, I receive and endorse them, and like faithful Abraham, I’m the possessor of all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Matthew 8:13
And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

John 17:8
For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 1
Reading plan Ezekiel 29-30

2 Year Bible Revelation 9:11-21
Reading Plan Obadiah 1

No comments: